Madness Gladius Madness Gladius

I think this had real potential to win the contest this year, if you varied up the violence a little bit more. Your sense of weight and timing shows you have a lot of patience animating and sense of motion. I also dug your sense of style (the heel-up feet, rather than a flat-foot design). I would've liked to see more gladiator-influenced violence/interactions to spice up the animation a bit. Maybe the crowd would engage in the fight or more difficult sentries would pop up. I think if you make your animations more complex like that, you'll have some top-quality work.

slimshady0592 responds:

I kinda made this under pressure because i was already working on something else but wasn't satisfied with the result. I dropped that animation and started working on this, but i had almost no time left. If i had planned it better i would've made it longer with more fights and details and stuff because i had a lot of fun making this. Anyway i'm glad it's well recieved and thank you for your review! :D

TD-Where You're Going TD-Where You're Going

I really dig the art style and the style of the narrative. Been watching all these videos back-to-back for the past hour. Thoroughly enjoying myself. Thanks for these.

FBF Madness FBF Madness

This better make it to front page soon. This animation reminded me of MicMadness, which I believe came in first a few years ago. The style was similar to this, with the exception of particle effects and some slower action. I really enjoyed the angles and the way you made the perspectives "pop" - I was hooked straight from the tunnel scene. You have a great sense of a motion. The bit with the anime-styled character was interesting too, in how you drew him so efficiently. He seemed a little out-of-place in a Madness toon, but was definitely enjoyable to see. Hoping that this wins this year. I'd love to swap notes with you sometime, too, as the style you work with is something I'd been looking to get into for a while.

MURDER MURDER

I also ran into yetanotherjohn's issue. That needs fixings.

Otherwise, this was quite a peach to play. And I sure like peaches.

Oppa Gangnam Run Oppa Gangnam Run

This is essentially Canabalt with OPS and Slenderman slapped on top. And I loved every minute of it. Only issue is the hi-score system. It's a tad glitchy.

Madness Clay Destruction Madness Clay Destruction

Nice little game. The clay models were a neat idea!

Stainville 4 - Vent Scene Musi Stainville 4 - Vent Scene Musi

Ver good

Epic Hip Hop Epic Hip Hop

dope as fuck. the chorus sample was a little weird, but the overall composition of this is fantastic. very dark.

piggemz responds:

lol tanks homie, swag on max for dis one.
the choir is from a free symphonic library i found, i wrote all the melodic content though.

appreciate da feedback 4 shore

Corey McJamz Corey McJamz

This is a great relaxing kind of music. I was in kind of a bad mood and this just picked me up and calmed me down. I generally think of loops as shorter than 2 minutes, but I'll be looping this all day, I suppose.

piggemz responds:

lawl good to hearr, yeah i mean, the longer the better, less looping that way

Black Eye Black Eye

I don't SEE the point of this comic.

OhmNeuroFlux OhmNeuroFlux

I like this one a lot. Lots of movement and depth. It's a very symmetrical piece, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I think if you messed with the middle a little more, it would make the painting a little more interesting - like, maybe have the snake overlapping the semicircle that it's next to.

Did you manipulate the colors digitally at all?

Littleluckylink responds:

Hell yeah! Always looking for suggestions and whatnot, much appreciated, ol' bean. As far as digital manipulation goes, since I can't really scan my art, I usually take a digital photo of it, which tends to mess up the contrast and saturation above all other things. So basically any editing or touching up I do is to make the digital photo look as accurate to the real thing as possible.

Portrait of an @merican Portrait of an @merican